Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rice Krispies and a treat!

Last night, I carved some time out (finally) to do some much needed grocery shopping. Now that Rae isn't here (I'm not sure if I told you already but my roommate moved out... and in to a house with her boyfriend) I can throw away all the unused old stuff and start a-new.

I've been a coupon clipper for the past few months now and last night I saved the most money I've saved thus far... $30 on $100. (my previous record was like $23 on $95 or something) I'm really quite shocked about the amount of money I've been saving just by getting the newspaper every Sunday - but it's been fabulous!

Anyway, so I'm not normally a cereal buyer. I usually try to eat really healthy and most cereals have a TON of sugar in them (and the ones that ARE healthy for you are like five bucks a box... SO not worth it). I had a coupon that included Rice Krispies and Raisin Bran. Sounded good to me! So I went for it. I even picked up some marshmallows so I could make some rice krispy treats for Michael soon. :)

This morning, it was breakfast-time... so I decided to have some. On the back of the box, there were all these characters like Nemo and Dori from Finding Nemo, Goofy and Mickey, etc. I thought to myself... "Whatever happened to the toys in the cereal boxes? Everything now-a-days is buy 4 boxes and then send this thing in with a few dollars and we'll send you some colored plastic."

The thought passed and I opened the box.

And there it was.

My VERY OWN Goofy two inch stuffed head. I was SO excited! When's the last time you've gotten ANYTHING from a cereal box but a sugar high??

1 comment:

Odette said...

YAY!!! That's so exciting. And I think that it counts for your tag! lol :)