Thursday, March 5, 2009

Reviews of a new city. Part 4: Dallas, TX

I was born in Houston, TX. I've known this all of my life, but never really had been to the place. Michael and I landed at the Houston airport for about an hour or so on our way to Hawaii back in September, but I haven't been out on my own there... well, ever.

Dallas is Michael's hometown. About an hour south, to be precise. We were there a few weekends ago, and I absolutely loved it. I don't know if it was his family that I loved, or the city, but both were absolutely amazing.

The city has a lot to offer a young college grad (like I will be in August)... There are consulting companies (fabulous!)... I've already got connections, instant family that is incredibly welcoming... the works!

It was a bit windy while we were there, but isn't every city at some point? I LOVE the warm weather, the many options that life brings, and everything BIG that Texas holds.

Maybe I'm just biased... ;)

Weather: 10
Sites/Stuff to do: 8
People: 8
Location: 8
Food: 9
Overall: 9

1 comment:

Wanderlusting said...

Hmm, never had an inkling to check out Dallas, but Austin has always been on my list! I'll make it to Texas one day :)