Two months ago, I got a speeding ticket. Yah, yah... whatever. It was 81 in a 65 (and the speed limit sign changed about a mile down the road to 70, so I wouldn't have even been pulled over if that were the case) and I had my court case today.
For those of you who don't know me that well... know that I can pretty much talk my way out of anything. I've never been able to do this with police, however, but when I get to court, something always happens to where it gets thrown out. If the officer who wrote the citation doesn't show up, it gets thrown out and you go on your way like it never happened. I've used that tactic several times in my defense. I've gotten in a fender bender at the time I was supposed to be in court - which threw it out as well. I went to court on the day they assigned, which happened to be the incorrect day - which threw it out. Overall, I'm pretty smart about the traffic system and know how to manipulate it in my favor.
So, today was fate day. I had this speeding ticket. I didn't know how much they were going to charge me because (let's make this problem number 1) the phone number posted on my ticket was a disconnected number. So I did a little research online to find the city I was pulled over in and was supposed to appear in court to... to find (problem number 2) THREE other phone numbers that were either incorrect or disconnected. I finally found a number that worked... but (problem number 3) they were closed for the day and there's no answering service. You have to call during business hours.
This morning, I plugged the address I found online in my GPS (problem number 4)... apparently the building no longer exists there and it's across the street and around the corner. Had I not been the intelligent person that I am... I would have never found it. I walk through the building and get that "look" from all three of the deputies running the metal detectors (problem number 5). They were flirting with me and wanted to "make sure" I got to where I needed to go alright. Hah!
I walk over to the line where everyone is grabbing their tickets, etc. and get handed a number on a piece of paper. Apparently, this is my number in line. (problem, well, funny thing number 6) The number is 69. Haha. (maybe I'm the only one who thinks that's funny... or somewhat a cap on things that have happened thus far)
I ended up talking to the solicitor and getting the speed reduced to 79 in a 65 (only 14 over) so it wouldn't go on my driving record. I paid the fine and left... on my way to school and other things. :)
That, my friends, is how you keep a clean driving record. COUNTLESS tickets have been handed to me... yet the slate is still clean. Gotta love this court system!!
1 comment:
yeah you get lucky and I get so un-lucky. haha. Glad you got out of it though. I hate how weverytime you go to the courthouse there's some old deputy that wants to hit on you.
Post a Comment