Sucks. Period.
Wednesday/Thursday of last week I started feeling super sick. I stayed out of work (nannying) on Friday and had to pay $65 on Saturday to get a doctor's excuse so I didn't lose my restaurant job. Let me tell you - they weren't super excited about all of this. In fact, they told me if I didn't show up then I would be "red lined", which I assume was the interim manager's way of saying "fired". I got the doc's excuse - and hopefully, we'll find out Thursday, if that's 'good enough' for them.
Anywho - I'm feeling a bit better now. This week holds a whole bucket full of emotions for me. I 'graduate' (ie - have my very last class) on Wednesday, Michael moves to DC on Tuesday, and I'm left somewhere in between to pick up the pieces.
This is supposed to be a happy time in my life - graduation - but it's overshadowed by less-happier feelings stemming from a huge decision I've made. If I don't make this decision for myself now, I never will.
I figure if I just ignore the feelings and emotions that come with all this bullshit, it'll make it so much easier. I have a lot of money to make up for being out of work this week and having to find a roommate for August 1 - just a few days away. That should keep me occupied. Oh yah, that, and the job search. It's the real deal now.
Sick physically with the flu - emotionally tired from this relationship - and overjoyed with the end of a 7 year journey to a degree.... get me the FUCK outta here.
That's exactly how I feel right now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment