Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stupid is as stupid does

I usually don't take the time to digest celebrity mishaps. I scan them, maybe read an article or two, and then leave them to a tiny memory in my head to reference when it comes up in conversation.

The Tiger Woods thing, not so much.

You see, I'm passionate about several things in life. One of which is cheating partners. I absolutely, positively, despise infidelity. I cannot stand hearing about other people who have cheated on their significant other - because it ties me up in knots.

I think the main reason is because it scares the shit out of me that I'm going to be married to the man that I love one day - and something like that is going to happen. Cheating has already ruined some of the trust I have for boyfriends in general, I wonder what kind of havoc it would bring to a marriage?

I'm almost 26 - which isn't old for not being married. BUT I am one of maybe 10 people in my 100 person high school class who is not married (or have kids). Does that mean I'm better off? Or does that mean I'm far behind?

Either way, I'm pretty much sick about it. And I can't shake that feeling.

1 comment:

Odette said...

Oh I sooo know what you mean! It makes me absolutely sick, but at the same time I can tell you that as much as I used to have the same fears you did re: being married and being cheated on, I can honestly tell you that I don't have any fears like that about my husband. I have also been cheated on, but for whatever reason I trust him with my heart and I am sure that when you meet "the one" it will be the same way. :)