Wednesday, February 17, 2010

You can find me in the...

I know, I know... a laptop is supposed to make me more accessible to the blogging community. I'm supposed to write more. Post up in a coffee shop and let the thoughts flow.

Well, I've been doing the posting up in coffee shops... but it's for the loads of work and no play! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love both of my jobs, it's just a lot of work! I come home and don't even want to look at the computer screen.

I shall tell you one quick, funny story and then go. It's a good one - promise!

So a few weeks ago, I went out with this gay friend of mine to a gay bar/club downtown. It was a lot of fun - and the part of town I hadn't ventured out to before. As any great wingwoman would do, I paid attention to the guys he was scoping out and offered my opinion and 'wingwoman services' (ie. befriending so the introduction is easier). It was great, we were meeting people, dancing all over the place, and just having an overall blast!

As we kept an eye on this one guy sitting on a stool, I kept noticing him getting really into the music but not getting up to come dance. I took that as my cue to talk to him and invite him to the dance floor.

The conversation went a little like this:

Me: "Hey dude! You look like you're having so much fun with the music and dancing... but you should totally come dance with us on the dance floor!"

Him: (politely) Yah, I'm having a great time! Thanks for the invitation, but no thanks!

Me: Are you sure? You RRRrreeeeaaalllyy look like you'd like to come dance with us. You're just over here bee-boppin to the music (well, I said something like that. It didn't sound as corny as it does written out!)

Him: I'm sure, thank you though! You guys have a great time!

I go back to my friend and relay the bad news. We blow it off and keep dancing. About 30 minutes later, out of the corner of my eye...

I see dude from the stool ROLLING out of the club in a WHEELCHAIR!

Yah. Read it again. ROLLING out of the club in a WHEELCHAIR!

I. Was. So. Embarrassed.

Of COURSE he looked like he wanted to come out on the dance floor to dance with us! Of COURSE he just sat on the stool because he couldn't get up. I cannot tell you how incredibly embarrassed I was at that moment! Insane!

Anyway, so that's my story. I felt bad. And still do. But there's nothing I can do about it. The wheelchair was nowhere in sight, so it wasn't like I was taunting him on purpose or anything.

Oy.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

New to comment but have been a reader for awhile. This story just sounded like something I would do! lol