Monday, April 26, 2010

10 Things in Austin, TX this weekend

Fran and I decided that we'd take a little jaunt down to Austin this weekend. Saturday evening, to be exact. It was an un-planned, fly by the seat of our pants-type trip. And it was hella amazing.

1. Austin is weird. They were right about that.
2. Ate at this FABULOUS restaurant called La Condesa for dinner, delish!
3. Had a shit ton of alcohol. Not sure how we didn't die on Saturday night. I believe she and I both were 8 shots and 3 drinks deep. And, no, I don't drink girlie drinks... Jager and Redbull and Captain and Ginger Ale. And went to at least 6 drinking establishments.
4. Met yet another Dallas Stars hockey player... Random!
5. Stayed with one of her friends in a ridiculously nice house.
6. Ate brunch at a european eatery... had a Croque Madame. Delish!
7. Sat on a rooftop patio sipping on frozen margaritas for several hours - basking in the sunshine! (and now have an awesome sunburn from it. ouch!)
8. Bought an extremely cute picture frame made out of recycled bangles.
9. Had a nutella and strawberry crepe, made by a dude that (from all appearances) was straight off the boat from France at this place.
10. oh, and, we didn't have a hotel or anything, so we got ready in this hotel's bathroom. HILARIOUS!

So, yes, I had an AWESOME weekend this weekend - and I see more Austin trips in our future - such a great city!

1 comment:

Odette said...

Sounds awesome! :) I love random trips!