Thursday, May 27, 2010

In demand.

You know when you were a kiddo, and your mom said "I've had it to HERE with that..." and you knew she was serious about 'knocking it off'. Well, yah, that's where I'm at with the OG. Ms. Artsy and I jokingly say that most of the people around here are aliens because there's no way their actions or thought processes are normal and/or rational.

Anyway, there are some client projects at the CC that may come to fruition which would make it possible for me to be full time there. A few really cool, career enhancing projects to boot.

Also, as I'm sure I've said something about before... The agency we work with on the website for OG has also offered me an account management position there.

Today, I received an email from a restaurant chain with an "are you interested" and a job description attached. It'd be working directly under the Director of Marketing and sounds like it would be right up my alley. I'm going to talk to her just to see what it's about and to keep my options open. Again, it looks like I'm still "in demand" which is great news.

Now, the only hard part would be leaving Ms. Artsy behind. Oh how I love our walks to get good coffee and her insight to life in general.

I'm just over it with the OG. I might choose to keep my silence about the daily bullshit from this place, or I might choose to open up about it. We'll see. I feel like they hire people (not referring to me) to do specific, specialized things for them yet don't trust what they do. It's really fucked up.

That's my beef for today... bittersweet, for sure.

No comments: