Thursday, November 22, 2007

10 Things I learned about my Great-Grandmother today

1. She's only ever flown on an airplane once. My grandparents bought her and my great-grandpa tickets to see them in Wyoming... in the early 70's.
2. While she was there, my uncle (12 at the time) took her on a snow mobile. Haha. I can only imagine what that had to look like!
3. She had to walk to school from elementary on up. It was 3 miles.
4. When I asked "what city did you live in?" She replied, "I lived in Franklin County" No, g-ma, what CITY? Oh... I didn't live in a city... I lived in the country. HAhahahaha... she had me rollin on this one.
5. She only went through 10th grade or so... they only had 11 grades back then.
6. Her sister passed away earlier this month. From "corn" cancer. (If you knew my great-g-ma, you would think this was hilarious) She's got a corn on her foot that she, in her mind, believes is cancer. Her sister really died of Colon Cancer. Not CORN. Haha.
7. My Great-Great-Grandparents owned a general store in Franklin County.
8. She went with them one time down to Gainesville to pick up supplies for the store and they bought her some black and white checkered overalls. She said "I thought I was dressed then!" (meaning she thought she was hot shit)
9. She doesn't like alcohol.
10. Her first car was a Chevrolet. She also used to drive a Nova in the 60's. Interesting.

No comments: