Ah, Monday was crazy... but Tuesday has been a bit crazier.
Meetings all day, a really late lunch, picking up kids from daycare and babysitting them until 11pm, etc etc.
Some funny stories for ya though. I think I laughed for about 20 minutes.
I went to pick up the 7 year old from school... and coming down the stairs extremely carefully, she's carrying a small round container telling me that she's not able to hurry because there are holes in the top of her container and "there's something live in there." I start to get the full scoup even before we've exited the building.
Apparently there are way too many ladybugs dying and she and her friends have decided to make flyers to stop killing the ladybugs. They're going to post these flyers around each of their neighborhoods to let people know that ladybugs are nice and shouldn't be killed.
Hrm. oooookay....
On the way home (a traffic-filled 30 minute drive for 7 or 8 miles) she falls asleep holding her precious ladybug (officially named 'lady') in her lap. Upon arriving home, the interior lights in the car come on and she awakens, takes a few seconds to realize what's going on, and then says,
"Woah. She's not killed."
I about died laughing. It was THE most hilarious thing I'd heard in a while. She kept asking me what I was laughing about and why I was laughing at her. I tried to explain (in some 7-year-old way) that I was laughing at the situation, not her. haha.
And the 3 year old... the letter of the day was "J". How lovely.
Flash forward a few hours... I open the door to enter my house to a smokey smell. Later, I find out my roommate almost burned the house down because he forgot about some macaroni while he was on the phone with his mother. The only thing that reminded him was the fire alarm going off. This makes me nervous.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment