Today, there was lots of interesting conversation around the Thanksiving preparations. I was told how the dog's urine turned to blood and they found crystals in it - and had to take her to the vet right away. Now, normally, someone would tell this story with the least amount of detail. Not my grandmother. She has to tell you everything she thinks and then what she does and completes every single detail for you. I think it's great... but there are some things I just don't want to know.
It was especially rough this summer when she had surgery. I got to hear EVERY gory detail of the surgery and the side effects and how much she urinated and didn't and where it wasn't comfortable... the whole nine.
[yep, if I have to hear it, so do you!]
I just don't know why older people feel the need to tell you every single gory detail of their medical conditions. Perhaps it's that they've lived long enough they don't really care what other people think of them? I know they didn't used to tell me all of this stuff. Perhaps because I was too young at that point? Who knows?
No comments:
Post a Comment