Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Decisions for a changing plan

Oh... how hard it is to change your mind...

I told Sam I wouldn't mind living in a "cold" place. If he were sitting next to me, he'd surely feel my forehead to see what had gotten in to me. But he wasn't, so I got a text saying "ummm you've been acting very strange lately. What do you mean you wouldn't mind living in the cold??"

He says this because I so adamantly am against the cold. In every shape and form. He isn't aware that I was in New York recently and might have changed my mind about it.

This new-found acceptance of the cold weather has led me to a search for a new city. Chicago came up first on the list... then DC... and New York followed suit shortly after. The cost of living, alone, is exponentially higher.

You see, I've decided that I just can't do it anymore. Not here, anyway. School, along with work, and all these other pressures of life are burning me out. Quickly.

After a lengthy conversation with Trent and weighing my options, I have come to the conclusion that I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing for the next few years. I can finish school in one solid year - and do it at a school that doesn't constantly screw you over. Who would have ever thought that?!

We'll see where it all goes.

As for my plans to not travel as much next year, I've already got two flights booked... one to Orlando the first week in January, and one to New Orleans the first week in February. Looks like I'm not meant to be tied here!

No comments: