Friday, August 15, 2008

Shenanigans...

We all know I drive fast. (I was even referred to as "Danika Patrick" last night, you know, the female race car driver?... anyway...) Last night was no exception.

Michael and I met up with some friends at a mexican restaurant in the city. Had a few drinks making it difficult not to visit the bathroom at least once. I waited until we were about to leave... went the the bathroom and then retrieved my car from the valet. We were on our way halfway across town and to have another drink at the bar watching Michael Phelps win his 6th gold medal. (hooray!)

Upon the realization I didn't have a cell phone anymore and it wasn't in the car... I remember putting it on the bathroom counter as I washed my hands and happened to leave it there.

On my drive back across the city to the mexican restaurant, I was incredibly distracted by anything and everything. Music, other cars, etc. and forgot how fast I'm driving.

Until I look in the rear view mirror and there's a cop back there.

Lovely.

He doesn't pull me over, but guaranteed he ran my tag. Of course he didn't find anything on there and didn't feel like pulling me over. I stop at the next light and he gets on his intercom:

"ma'am... speed limit on [road] is 35, mmmkay?"

I look over at him and say "Sure thing!"

Hahaha. It was definitely an experience. C'mon... I was in a hurry because the restaurant was about to close, I needed my cell phone, ANNNNnnnndddd.... there were pricks driving incredibly slow. :)

So there's my funny for the day. I'm gonna get in some real trouble one of these days. Hehe... until then...!

No comments: