A lot of eventful stuff has happened this week.
1. I quit at the restaurant yesterday. I just couldn't do it anymore. Today was my "One Year" with the company, and it made me sick to my stomach. Last year around this time, I knew it would only be to get me through school. School ended in July. I'm done with this bs. :) I don't make hardly any money there (because of the shifts I have) and I hate it. So I quit. Saturday night is my last shift. Hooray!
2. I got a cocktail job at this SUPER busy bar downtown. The guy is supposed to call me back tomorrow and let me know what day I start training. He wants to train me before I go to Atlanta for a week so I can come back and 'hit the ground running'... I'm all for that. Hooray for money!!
3. I've started to gain some weight and I am NOT happy about it. I think it's the crazy lifestyle of having to starve for 9 hours per shift and then gorge on food when I can finally eat. Thank God that's done!
4. I am going to go to a church this weekend. I think I might try this HUGE one down here that's like the one I went to in Atlanta. I have some reservations about it, but we'll see. It also depends on what time I'm done on Saturday night closing the bar, too.
5. I have another networking meeting next week. Should be interesting. This lady is a consultant and has her own consulting company. One of her clients is a place I'm looking to get in to. We'll see what happens with that.
6. I met a really good contact last week and he has a position open at his company. He says it's part time (for now) that will turn into a full time position. I'm SUPER excited about it because it's EXACTLY what I want to do and he'll pay what I'm looking for as well. He wants me to meet the rest of his department - and go from there. I'm thinking this is all going to happen very quickly once I get in the door!
7. Christmas is FAST-approaching. My trip to Atlanta is going to be here before I know it. I have some shopping done, but not everything. We have Christmas AND 3 family Birthdays. My bank account suffers every year because of it!
8. I can't wait to be in Atlanta for a week. It's somewhat stressful because I'll have to rent a car (for whatever reason my family isn't that family where you can just 'borrow the car' for an afternoon, but whatever) and that's EXPENSIVE. Plane ticket, plus play money while i'm there... oy! Stressful!
9. Hopefully all this job stuff will work out and I can have some money in the bank, pay everything off, ya know - all that GOOD stuff I've been waiting for. Speaking of banks, Michael hooked me up with a friend of a friend who has an Assistant Branch Manager position open at a bank. Not sure what I feel about that - I don't know that I want to get into the banking business...
10. I think I'm going to do a huge painting for the wall in the living room. I need to get a canvas and get some cool fabric. Then, I can paint the fabric (on a larger scale) onto the canvas. Sounds cool... not sure if it'll actually happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment