Debt is stressful. I'll be the first one to admit it. I have no idea why I'm stressed more about it now that I make twice what I was making last year - but it seems to have snowballed. And I feel out of control.
I do have some credit card debt, but the bulk of it is student loans and that precious little car that I drive around.
Monthly payments just creep up on me like nobody's business. $50 bucks here for one student loan... $50 bucks there for another one... $200 here for the HUGE student loan... then there's my tag renewal that's coming up and I may or may not have to pay the IRS a shit-ton of money.
Then there are credit card payments galore. I think I might vomit just thinking about it. It's all manageable, but it is seriously holding me back from any fun there is to be had.
I've read the Total Money Makeover and feel like this plan is "feasible" but it is SO depressing to know that you work SO hard and make a pretty good deal of money... just to see it gone before you even get it.
I know I'm the one that put myself in this mess, and I'll certainly be the one to get myself out.... it just takes a lot of discipline.
I know that getting a weekend job serving somewhere would help me do it faster... but I can't seem to find a place that wants to hire someone with such limited availability. I may look into that this week.
Such a random post. And how appropriate that Pandora is playing "Somewhere in between" by Lifehouse. Love this song... ;)
3 comments:
So... I love Suze Orman. Have you heard of her? She's changed my financial life. I've been in cc debt before and I worked very hard to get out of it. But right now I have a couple of 0% interest loans and writing that check every month to pay it off within a year is *such* a pain in the butt. I can't wait until it's over and paid for.
May I suggest her book "Women and Money"? You can even check it out of the library!
Her name sounds familiar but I haven't looked into it. Would LOVE a 0% loan option... I've started the David Ramsey Total Money Makeover but I will certainly check out her book. Thanks for the recommendation!!
I read an article the other day about managing debt. Which turned out to be depressing. Don't spend money on stuff you don't "need", it said.
Pshhh. My plan is just to make more money. Which is probably a shitty plan, but it's ALL MINE. So I love it.
Post a Comment