Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rii-ii-iide Out

It's getting to the point where I keep a list of "blog topics" in my blackberry, because I can never get to it in a timely manner to remember what it is I was passionate about in the first place! For you, the reader, this would make things much more interesting if I were to update as these things happen - all emotion included. Clearly, I haven't organized my priorities in such a way to make it happen.

So, today, you get a random update about what goes on at my building. Entertaining, yes. Will I be able to cleverly portray what I've seen so it's just as funny to you as it was to me? Not yet sure.

It just so happens that my particular office overlooks the highway. A major highway through the city - even a junction of two major highways. We must have the best seats in the house because the strangest things seem to happen on that stretch of highway.

For example, I'll be sitting at my desk... hastily working.... when out of the corner of my eye, something will catch my attention. Unable to stay focused (rubbernecking at its finest) all three of us girls that sit along those windows will erupt into laughter about whatever the entertainment seems to be for the day.

Once, there was a man riding a "bicycle" coming off the exit. I use the term loosely, because he looked like Santa Claus with a sleigh of random shit in the back of his "bicycle". Poor guy.

Today, there was a car that ran into a mattress. While this was extremely hilarious from our point of view, I could imagine that it was not, in fact, exciting being IN that car. The funny part was the police officer trying to physically PULL the mattress out from being intertwined in the wheel well and engine of this small car.

No amount of police or man force, big guy, will allow you to remove a queen(or larger) size bed out from the tangles of a wheel well or hot engine. But watching you try - priceless.

No comments: