Monday, May 5, 2008

Crazy Construction Workers

The universal hand sign for "stop" is to stand with your feet planted firmly and your hand stretched out in the direction of the person you're stopping. I don't know why this message is so hard to understand.

On my way to work this morning, I turned down a street where there is a bit of construction going on [seems to be the norm around here]. Driving slowly down the road, there was a construction worker with a "SLOW" sign in her hand. She's looking at me and waving her hand furiously in the air. Meanwhile, there's a semi with a gazillion foot long beam on it's trailer trying to turn in the middle of the road.

As a cautious driver, I understand that I should stop to let the truck do its thing before I can proceed. Ms. Construction worker gives me the evil eye (like she wasn't waving me along with the "slow" side of the stop sign shown) cause she's an idiot. She couldn't understand why I didn't stop where she wanted me to... but I just chuckled. Perhaps if she'd shoved her hand out in the air and held up the CORRECT side of the sign, I would have stopped where she wanted me to.

Crazies out there. :)

1 comment:

Odette said...

lol! Well they don't exactly need a university degree to be flag girls do they?