"Don't hit my car. I'm not 100% sure about my coverage"
Abso-fuckin-lutely hilarious bumper sticker I saw today on a little Toyota Camry.
I also encountered a little bit of road rage this afternoon. Check it out...
I was headed back to work from my lunch break and this lady was pushing 25 on a two lane road (that also had a center 'turn' lane, if you will) with a posted speed limit of 40. The road is at least 3 miles long and I certainly didn't feel like enduring the pain... so I went around her. Probably not the smartest thing to do but I was SO over it and didn't feel like driving 24 miles an hour for the next few miles (to me, a teeth-clenching experience to say the least).
Anywhoo... I get further down the road, almost to the stoplight... and there she is. Riding my ass like there's no tomorrow (what happened to the 25 mile an hour creep-along she'd mastered?) staring at me like I'd just used the last sheet of toilet paper and she was out to get me for it. At her first opportunity, she veers to the RIGHT of me.
Now, let's talk scenery.
NOT a very wide road... 2 lanes in most places (without the center 'turn' lane), woods all around, a few developments (townhouses and shops), and that's about it. [keep in mind, this is still the city].
Yes, she passes to the RIGHT of me... where there's a TEEEEEENY bike lane that's about to end. Now, I'm no genious, but I do have a little bit of common sense... enough to know that if you want to pass someone on a road (and yah, maybe you've still got the double solid yellow lines and it's breaking the law) - you should PROBABLY do it where there's still ROAD left. That's just me anyway.
Stupid road rage that caused me to snap into the left lane - thank GOD there was a turn lane in the next 100 feet - and barely avoid a major catastrophe.
So what if I started it? I didn't put her in harms way whatsoever... What she did was ridiculous and put my life (and hers) in jeopardy. I could have hit another car head on... she could have lost control with her tire going off the pavement and slammed into a tree... too many variables for her little smirk of victory.
Oh, but no, her 'justice' prevailed and she "showed me"!!
Biatch!
3 comments:
lol Oh I love how "brilliant" drivers are an international phenomenon!
Oh no road rage! My blood boils. I am so bad.
Oh man - I have to say, as an aggressive driver myself, I go out of my way to piss certain people off. Mainly people who are tailgating you going while you are already going 30 over the speed limit. When they change lanes to pass me, you bet your bottom dollar I speed up. I love it.
And probably a good reason why I want to sell car.
Post a Comment