I'm independent. I know what I want and I usually get it - because I make it happen. I know who I am. I know what I stand for. I'm very well put-together (so to speak). So I pretty much demand girl friends to be at least on some sort of the same level as I am. The guys, eh, boys will be boys so we'll just forget about them, shall we?
I appreciate those nights when Michael has his "guys nights" with his friends where they act all retarded and watch fights and go out in the yard to wrestle afterwards. I think it's extremely important for each person in the relationship to not shove themselves off of the 'love cliff' and submerse themselves in each other only to find a year or more down the road that they have no friends. I get that. I believe in it. And I practice it.
However, it's somewhat more difficult for me.
I didn't tell you about the situation with M. Moon because I didn't feel it appropriate for public airwaves. She and I strongly disagree about things that went down in Vegas and since we can't just agree to disagree... we're no longer friends. [I SO want to just blurt out all the bullshit to get it out of my system but it would be completely disrespectful... so I shall refrain. Unfortunately]
M. Moon moved to San Diego last September to be with a boy. She was my absolute best friend and partner in crime. With her gone, I had to seek out more girls to hang with. (you can't pick up guys at a bar if you're there with a guy and he's not gay... I'm just sayin...) Carrie, as you know, bounces all around the place and is currently in Hawaii with her marine husband. Oh how I would love if he would just ship her here instead. These two, they were my very best friends in the entire universe.
Now there's just Carrie.
I've grown closer to Amber but we don't hang much... mostly just chat and get/give advice to one another. It's a great relationship but there's not much face timee.
Rae and I are becoming better friends (we used to be roommates back in the day) and are soon to be living together as well... so that's great.
But other than that, there are no friends here. None that I can hang with. I suppose there are a few I could count on one hand that I could invite out - but none that i'm seriously excited about seeing.
I've even included Michael's best friend's girlfriends. And that's turned out to be a disaster. I can TOTALLY sympathize with Karina on this one... I try to be nice but get kicked down in return.
So Friday night might just turn out to be a friend from work and Rae perhaps... but who knows. I'll start school in a matter of weeks and should meet some nice girls there. Let's just hope they're not all 20 years old and immature as fuck.
Until then, I'll go have my fun with the girls I know and hopefully fill my time with good people. I've done a great job thus far weeding out the self-absorbed assholes in my life so why stop now?! Haha.
Eh... C'est la vie. Women ARE bitches and I just want to befriend the chill ones I can shop and talk about The Hills with. That too much to ask for?!
[my 'e' key is somewhat out of commission... so if you see an 'e' missing... or one too many, it's not cause i'm an idiot... it just means I'm a fast typer and the damn 'e' key hates me today :) ]
4 comments:
HA! No it's not too much to ask for! I have the SAME problem! Arg it's so frustrating!
PS I tagged you on my blog. :P Enjoy!
New to commenting...but read this post...and can TOTALLY relate...ugh...I don't need the drama girls...just the cools ones to go out with, have fun and of coarse shop and gossip about the oh so important TV shows
Yes, I do agree to the part where women are all bitches.
I somehow went through a really bad experience with friends, which makes me hard to go along with other people.
But I guess you somehow change with the different types of friends you make.
I changed after meeting new friends. I realized that when one of my old friends told me.
P.S.linking your blog
Post a Comment