Friday was an interesting day. I had papers due, a test or two to study for, a presentation to finish... alllll kinds of stuff for school. I'd dubbed Friday "Library Day" for all intents and purposes. Lunch was great, I met up with some former coworkers... one of which is about to have a baby in about 3 weeks and one of which told us he's popping the question to his gf on Thursday. We're not super excited about this because the 4 of us are a close-knit group and this bi-atch has rained on our parade since she's stepped into a relationship with him. But, I digress. It was an eventful lunch nonetheless.
Before leaving my house to go to lunch, I dressed in some stretchy pants, flip flops and a comfortable shirt and pullover. It wasn't 'freezing' outside, but it was a bit nippy. I knew I was going to be at the library all day - so the more comfortable, the better.
I drove to the rail station to hop on the train. The ground is comprised of something other than concrete. It feels like granite (that's how slippery it is) but I doubt it's such. Since it just started 'drizzling' outside, I was very careful in how I walked. I made each ascent/descent carefully (there are about 100 stairs there and 100 back between the stations) and tried my hardest not to slip. Even when I arrived at school, I still had to walk extremely carefully.
I finished up in the Library and darkness started to set in. I made it back through the station, on the train, to the other station where my car was parked, and down the last 95 stairs. Then, all of a sudden...
I slipped.
I slid down not one, not two, but THREE 'granite' stairs. There was no handrail, nothing to break my fall. Only my tush (which, I've been trying to reduce the size of here recently). Of COURSE, I had to carry 3 books weighing a total of 40 extra pounds making it that much more harder of a fall.
The girl walking next to me tried to help me out and asked me if I was alright. It literally knocked the wind out of me... and I could barely walk. I felt sick to my stomach and just neeeeded to get back to my car so I could cry if I wanted to.
I got home and checked it out, no bruise yet, but INCREDIBLY sore. Saturday morning... purple and black... and the size of my hand. I bruised my ass so severely, that I've had to sit sideways to avoid the right butt cheek. It's still black and purple but a little less sore today.
I bet it'll be one or more of the colors on the color wheel by the time it's done. Yuck!
Anyway, that's my funny story for today. It's been quite an amusing weekend. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment