A few things happened...
1. I received a call from the guy I interviewed with a week or so ago (the event planning/brand awareness/etc job) and he pretty much offered me the job. He said that since the company is a non-profit and I'd essentially be its only paid employee, I would have to create a company for myself and work as a contractor. :) :) :) I am thrilled with this idea! Their next meeting as a whole organization is on the 20th and I'm excited to finally get started on this project. He is putting all the paperwork together today and I should see something come to fruition by the beginning of next week.
2. I received a call from the guy I worked for this summer as an independent marketing consultant. He previously told me that there were other people who were interested in using my services (promotional item selections, etc.) because of the work they'd seen of mine with him. He told me he's meeting with them next week to talk with them and there should be some work coming down the pipeline for me soon.
These things are pretty freaking awesome. As I was walking through the aisles of Borders bookstore the other night, I saw signs for part time work there. What a great place to work! I believe I would get discounts on everything and it'd be an extremely easy place to work - cash register, coffee shop, etc. I certainly would get everyone's christmas presents from there...
Speaking of books... I finished the book Forget About It by Caprice Crane. It was an incredibly good book with lots of twists and turns and scandalousness. I started reading the other book I got, but couldn't really get into it. I shelved it for a rainy day.
The other night, I ordered these books from Amazon:

Both books look absolutely fabulous and packed with fun. These are exactly the books I love to read. I've got a loooong list of books waiting for me :)
The semester ends in less than a month and I couldn't be more excited! It's going to take a lot of work to get through it, but I think I can!
I hope you all have a great night!! :)
1 comment:
I'm so glad that you're feeling better! I am a "fixer" so I hate it when people are sad and I can't do anything about it! It's awesome that stuff is coming together in the employment area! :) YAY!
Post a Comment