Sunday, November 30, 2008

A P-word that rhymes with Fluke

Last sunday, my BLS (big little sister - she'll be 9 next month) was sick. She had some tummy thing - throwing up everywhere - gross, right? Well, that was on SUNDAY. My mom thought it was all over and done with by THURSDAY, especially since it was a 24 hour thing and that's it. Thanksgiving festivities ensued and aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc gathered at their house and had a lovely meal.

Later that night, my LLS (little little sister), mom, and step-dad ALL were sick with whatever it was that my BLS got... throwing up and all that jazz. My mom called to warn me on Friday that there was pretty much a 4 day period and I'd probably get sick. I was NOT looking forward to that - especially since this week is full of presentations and finals for the last week of the semester for me.

Friday, I stayed in and worked on school projects pretty much all night. It's been nice just to chill out and not have to do anything work-related. Anyway, Saturday I met up with one of my group members and we worked on our project and she left about 3:30. After that, it was pure hell. I was incredibly nautious and thought I was going to throw up at any moment.

Not only did I have "that" feeling, but I also started getting a fever and sweats, etc. Today, I'm MUCH better - but yesterday was still incredibly painful. It's really odd, because my uncle had the same thing I had, but just not what the rest of my BLS, LLS, mom and step-dad had.

Either way, I'm feeling much better today. My two chicas brought me some ginger ale to make me feel better before they went out... it was very sweet of them :)

I picked Michael up from the airport today. He was visiting his family for Thanksgiving and it was so good to see him!

Ugh - I've got SO much schoolwork to do and so little time. Hooray for only one more week of this BS!!

No comments: