Monday, November 10, 2008

Rocky Road (not the ice cream)

I have been unable to post to this blog for a couple of weeks because life is incredibly rocky at the moment. It saddens me to write about it, so I've avoided this blog altogether. Of course, I've kept up with yours - just can't get my mind off of this one thing long enough to write something important.

I'm sad that Obama won the presidency (obviously... if you follow my blog you know why!) but I think he'll do a good job. He's the president-elect and I kinda have to support him. I'm not going to bitch about it until after he proves us McCain supporters right and fucks something up ;) haha just kidding. Hopefully he'll be able to bring about all the change he talked about... I'll be waiting for that moment!

So, I'm sorry I haven't written - and I'm not sure how much longer it'll be until I write again. Keep checking back, though. I may just surprise you with five fun-filled crazy entries in one day! You never know!

I hope you guys all had a great Halloween and you're enjoying all of the Christmas and shopping commercials that have raided the space between your favorite shows. (Speaking of, I've started watching 'the starter wife' for some reason... I kind of like it!)

Anywho... life will go on. C'est la vie always has been my favorite saying. Oh, and I've found a study abroad program that is a may-mester for next year! I think I'm going to do it... Paris in my future? No way! ;)

5 comments:

Odette said...

You're the first person I've heard of that is actually sad that Obama won! The sad state of affairs is that in North America (meaning either of our two countries) The status quo is kinda where it's gonna stay. For Obama that means that I think you're right he won't make things as better as he says he wants to, but it won't be worse and it will most certainly be better than the current administration. Also remember it's only 4 years and if, as you are so certain, he does screw up you'll have a better chance of voting him out!

Trust me though I know how it feels to have your candidate lose the election, but that's democracy for better or worse!

Hang in there I hope it won't be as bad as you think it will be. (I'm actually SURE it won't be!) Also this is a historic era for your country, you are getting back on track to living the values and ideals that founded your country! Good luck ma cherie! xoxo

Delicieux said...

I know a lot of people who are upset that Obama won. I'm definitely not the only one ;)

It's not that I'm 'certain' he'll screw up, I just don't think he'll literally be able to do all he promised he would do.

Of course it's great that we have a democratic system where people can choose the next president. I just don't think we had great candidates... and no, Obama is Muslim - which means we're not getting back on track to living the values that founded this country - Christians founded this country.

Either way, this post was not meant to start a debate whatsoever. Thanks for your thoughts :)

Odette said...

I never thought about the religious aspect, that's very interesting! I am sorry I didn't mean that (I guess I never considered him muslim, sorry!), I meant more the "liberty, freedom and justice for all" part. Sorry I had no intention of offending you! :(

Odette said...

Oh and I never thought that you were the only one dissapointed that he won, I was atually more impressed that you were one of the first people who voiced your opinion in that way! Hell even Elizabeth from the view backed down, so it was refreshing to hear another opinion!

Delicieux said...

As the post indicates... I'm in a shitacular mood, so that probably came off really poorly on my part. Definitely apologize - I know your intentions weren't ill.

I'll write about it soon and then perhaps you'll understand where I'm coming from. Hmm... maybe I'll do that right now, I see a 10 things forming as I type!

Hope you have a good day!!