Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend Fun!

This weekend was great! Michael and I spent the whole weekend together and I enjoyed every single second of it!

Friday night, it was family picture night. Really weird, cause my step-dad and I don't get along - but I'm trying to get Michael in with him so maybe one day he'll speak to me again. I doubt it'll happen, but a step was made on Friday in the right direction. Michael and my step-dad are both big jokesters. At least they've got that in common! Anyway, Michael has this mullet wig that he's brought out from the depths of the closet a few times from a halloween a few years ago... this time he brought it with us to the family photo session. My brother and his girlfriend took pictures together, our whole family took pictures together, and then Michael and I took some together. The sitting fee was already taken care of, so why not take advantage of it?!

The pictures came out PRICELESS. I was cracking up with Michael in the wig, and the rest of the place thought it was hilarious, too. The lady who was taking the picture could hardly do so, too. Man, if only this were a blog that I wanted everyone to see who I was, I'd post it here. But, unfortunately, it'll just have to be a story I tell. :)

Saturday was cleaning day... the weather outside was GORGEOUS... and we got a lot done in terms of cleaning. I had to study, and he went to a friend's house (oh yah, Leslie's husband's house - who asked about me, by the way).

Today, we got up and lounged around before getting ready for a work function of mine. They bought tickets to a baseball game for all of the clients, etc. so we were able to go. It was fun, but we were both exhausted. I saw a few people there, but ultimately avoided the people I knew. I just wasn't in the mood for it. Michael and I stopped by the store on the way home because they were having a scrapbook stuff and picture frame sale... and I love love love both of those things.

I made chicken noodle soup for dinner and it was absolutely delicious. :) Yesterday, I made a version of this desert. I did things a little differently than they did, though. I made the brownies with applesauce so they were a little healthier than with the oil. Then, I mixed a thing of vanilla pudding in one bowl and a thing of chocolate pudding in another bowl... and mixed half a thing of cool whip in each. (yumm). THEN, I put some peanut butter with half of the chocolate pudding/cool whip mixture until it was smooth. Waited until the brownies were done, and layered them as such: peanut butter mixture, vanilla mixture, chocolate mixture.... and that was it. It was SO good. SOO SOOOOOO GOOD. :) Michael and his roommate and his roommate's girlfriend were all diggin it. It was a little too peanut-buttery for me, but whatever.

Alright - I've got a test tomorrow and I've SO been procrastinating studying. Ugh. Focus, focus, focus. Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: