Monday, October 27, 2008

Amongst the ranks of the 'unemployed'

Friday was a liberating day for me. Not only did I break down in tears (yet again... yeesh for someone who never cries, there happens to be an awful lot of crying going on here)for the third time last week, it happened at work. Ugh. I didn't want to be "that girl" so I shut myself in an office and talked to Michael for a little while.

I must say, if he handled me (somewhat) last week - he can handle me through anything. I was AWFUL. Carrie even said something to the effect of "who are you?!" and "Are you listening to yourself??" - bad news bears written all over the place.

So, I left the office - tears brushed aside - and returned to my cube, boring job, and miserable thoughts in my head. Soon after, my boss came to me and said he'd like to see me when I got done with what I was doing. I went ahead and cleaned off my computer of any personal files I had, cleaned out my laptop bag, and decided that it was time for me to use this opportunity to end the misery once and for all.

As I walked into his office, he shut the door behind us and it turns out we were both there on the same mission. I was miserable, he could tell - and rather extend the bullshit any further, it was best to go ahead and end it right there. Fabulous! I turned in my laptop and left early on a Friday... woohoo! (why is it they do that? always fire people on Fridays?)

So that's that. I'm now amongst the ranks of the 'unemployed'. Not for long, though. I've applied for many positions recently and have more connections than I know how to use. Hopefully some project will come through in the next week so I can be busy (intelligently) again.

Hip Hip Hooray!! ;)

1 comment:

Odette said...

Yay! Good for you! I am so happy that you're happy! Now you are free to find a great job that you enjoy! :)