Thursday, October 23, 2008

A shred of hope

After breaking down in tears not one, but two nights in a row over the dread of having to come to this place and sit here all day, there's finally a shred of hope. I'm incredibly shocked that Michael hasn't pushed me to the curb through all of this, cause I've been the bitchiest girlfriend ever. I've been needy and selfish and whiney... blah blah blah.

Anyway, I emailed a former colleague of mine that actually got me in with one of my clients over the summer. He mentioned to me earlier about a friend/former colleague of his that owns a PR company here in my city. In my catch-up email to him this morning, I mentioned that and I would possibly be interested in some project work.

His email back to me contained that one little tiny shred of hope I needed to make my day. He sent me a link to the company and their services contain EXACTLY what I want to do with my Marketing degree... Creative Event Management, Media Relations, and Collateral. Oh the fabulousness.

This is my ticket to freedom and out of this boring mess I've gotten myself in to. Hopefully I'll hear back and be able to interview. Hopefully she'll need some help and think that I'm the perfect person for the job. Hopefully she'll use my talents and I'll be able to learn a ton of things from her.

Say a little prayer for me. :)

No comments: