Tuesday, January 29, 2008

One reason I'm happy about being single

My little sister is going to be in my hometown's little miss pageant this weekend. She's a part of the 5-6 yr old girls even though she'll be 7 next month. She's SO excited, and because of that, I'm excited for her.

For the past few weeks, we've been dress shopping, done a mock hair and make-up session, and the whole nine. Tonight was a rehersal where former "queens" showed the little ones how to do the walk and where to stand, etc.

My mom and I sat with my sister in the auditorium until it was her turn. There were several people there that graduated with or around me.

They all have kids. IN the pageant. (And I didn't graduate too long ago.)

[Conversation heard from a row back]

Guy I graduated with: Yah, ya know... marriage is really tough. Things change. It's really weird. You, are you married?
Girl I graduated with: Nope! Not married. .... But I was!
Guy: Oh really?
Girl: Yah. I got married in the middle of 06 and then divorced at the end of 07.
Guy: Well, what happened? Cheater?
Girl: Nah, he just spent WAY too much of my money and changed the person he was.

WOAH. These people are only 24 years old and both have them have already been divorced once? One of them has step-kids and kids of their own?

I am SO glad I didn't go down that path. This is DEFINITELY one reason I'm happy about being single.



And... let's not forget... the French Phrase of the day...

C'est un cadeau
It's a gift!

[UPDATE: My little sister ended up WINNING the pageant!!! :) Hooray!!]

No comments: