Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Checking Out

I think I'm losing my mind (or perhaps I've just been on vacation too many times in the past few months).

It wouldn't be such a big deal if there weren't multiple instances of this "memory loss" happening to me.

Let's take a look.

- I asked my grandfather to come "check out my new car" when I was at the family reunion on Sunday. He'd already seen it. Twice. I have no recollection of this event.

- An old boyfriend came by to buy the head unit from my old car. We were chatting a little while he was over. He was recounting things from our relationship that I clearly did not remember happening. This is only odd for me because I usually remember everything about my relationships. I can tell you the date, time, place, what song we were listening to, what clothes we were wearing - some scary details. Yet, I have no recollection of some of the events he described.

- I talked to Sam on Monday and made the comment "Man, I don't think we've actually talked since Friday. I've been so busy." To which he replies, " Um... we talked at least twice on Saturday and once on Sunday." Oops! Of course he had to analyze this situation, "Hah. You're getting old! I think you told me the same story twice last week."

I'm not getting old! I'm just "checked out" - and I need to check back in!!!! :)

No comments: