Monday, March 31, 2008

Reviews of a new city. Part 3: San Diego

Ah... sunny San Diego... or not! Gotta love that there's better weather in my home town than in sunny San Diego, and I don't even live in a "beach state"!!! I doubt it got over 60 something degrees the whole time (a bit chilly for So Cal, don't you think!?) and it was overcast for the most part.

There are a few really cool places here, though. Carrie and I stayed in Oceanside with M. Moon and ended up going out in Carlsbad (eh, not the best place, but it worked) with aspirations to go into the city and go out in the Gaslight district. Since I was wearing a tiara for my birthday, everyone kept telling me happy birthday (or mistakenly telling me 'congratulations' on getting married... hahaha!) and were really nice.

Carrie and I ended up having some DELICIOUS pizza at Sammy's Woodfired Pizza. (it was sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, goat cheese, etc. and was fabulous!!) Their shopping isn't too shabby, either. I got a pair of pants for myself and a shirt for Michael on sale at Banana. Yep, that's right!

Anyway, overall, the weather was crappy but the scene was alright. Everyone dresses the same around here... that "So Cal" look. There are a lot of military around because of all the bases near, so you've got a lot of that. Carrie was in heaven because that's her thing! (she's married to a marine, go figure!!)

Weather: 5
Sites/Stuff to do: 9
People: 8
Location: 7
Food: 9
Overall: 7

No comments: