Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Bitterness must be in the air

Odette seems to be having a rough time... and so does she... well, spread it around, cause here's my drama.

I really don't think I've met a more explosive individual than my old roommate. See here, here, and oh yah - HERE. I thought I was completely done with him and his stupid antics but oh no, not yet.

Mr. Tucker (yep, that's his real name) decided on Feb. 7 that he would move out. In this state, the law is that you have to give 30 days notice to vacate a place... so March 7th is when it was all set for. It ended up that whatever place he was moving to was ready on the 1st, so he left early. This does not remove his obligation financially to pay for the week of the 1st through the 7th. (about $175 bucks)

SO. He moves out, I really didn't talk to him much because of his asshole-ness but whatever. He said he "mailed" me a check but we all know what that means. It's now the 19th and I still haven't seen a dime.

But yesterday... a little something came in the mail for him... a rebate check from HP (I'm assuming he got a new computer or something) so I sent him a text telling him I had it.

Oh you better believe he jumped at the chance. "Hey, did you ever get my check? If not, I'll bring it to you and pick up my other check. Just leave it in the mailbox." Right. I'm no idiot. He'll take his check and run and that'll be the end of that. This transaction needs to happen in person.

I get this nasty text this morning from him saying that I didn't follow through so now I'm not getting my check. Au contraire bitches. I will most certainly get that - and whatever court fees I have to pay to get it back. Petty? I think not. He's an asshole.

So I keep getting these texts from him - he's threatening me, telling me to mail his check and telling me that I'm not going to get mine. That's not the way you get people to give you what you want. Being nice, I offered to drive to where he is (so he doesn't have to drive again) and he's still being quite the asshole. He won't pick up the phone either.

Hrm. Let's review. He can't get/keep a girlfriend (or wife, for that matter) because of what? Oh yes... his explosive attitude and disregard for others around him. HE is going to screw ME? Nope. Not whatsoever. I mean, I could live without the $175, I really could. It's only money... but the MORAL thing to do... and the RIGHT thing to do... is to give it to me. Because he owes it to me.

So either we meet up and he gives me my check and I give him his check... OR we go to court (which is going to be much more expensive for him in the long run cause he'll have to pay all of the court fees). He should think hard about this one. Cause I know i'm right.

What an asshole.

3 comments:

Wanderlusting said...

Take the bum to court!!!!

You know, I would totally be bitter about that stuff :)

Kass said...

What a serious asshole.

I lived with a creep (sounds much the same as yours) in London who tried to stiff us on the rent. He was the laziest, nastiest piece of work I've ever met and am so glad I don't have to live with him eveeeeeeeeer again!

God, don't roomates suck sometimes?

Odette said...

Take him to court!!!!! I agree what a deadbeat loser! You at least have a reason to be bitter I was just sick and grumpy!