So I got with one of my coworkers and made it happen. She had a friend who wanted the dog (he's already got 4 dogs, 3 cats) and we arranged to meet at her house to pass him along. Keep in mind, Michael paid lots of money for this dog... and didn't ask for a penny in exchange.
We met the guy and he seemed really nice, really good with Rocky (the dog), and owned a tattoo shop nearby. They exchanged email addresses and the guy said he'd put up a myspace page or something soon so he could check on his progress or something. As you can imagine, it felt really good knowing that Rocky was going to a caring home like that.
Until the myspace page was created.
Here's the excerpt that is quite rude.
I am a puggle---part pug and part beagle and I am a year and a half old. I was adopted by a nice family with a house and a yard to play in----no more spending 14 hours in a stupid crate! Yay! My parents are named [edited for privacy] and they are very sweet to me---my daddy bought me treats, new toys and a fancy collar with skulls on it! It has a tag with my name on it---ROCKY!
This story is SO embellished and exaggerated it's ridiculous. Rocky never spent 14 hours in a crate! He was only crated while Michael was at work (MAYBE 8 hours) and that's completely normal and non-cruel. He has had treats... toys (that he destroys, by the way)... and a collar with his name on it!! But he makes it sound SO bad... like he "rescued" this dog from Michael Vick or something.
It's just unnecessary and rude is all. And Michael is pretty upset about it. It left a very bad taste in his mouth, and that's not the way it should be. I feel so bad for him.
Now here's the dilemma. Should we say something to him about it? Or should we just let it go? I know the guy just wants to look cool in front of all of his friends but Michael wanted to show HIS friends the myspace page because they all loved Rocky. Now he can't do that because it makes him look like an asshole - that he wasn't.
Oh, what to do, what to do?
Que faisons-nous?
What do we do?
1 comment:
OOOh that is really tough! I don't understand the need for Rocky's new owner to take that tone on his page. But just so you know besides that crate comment I (as an outside person who knows nothing of the situation) didn't think that the comments about the treats and toys made him sound bad. I would def. bring it up though because it was clearly out of Rocky's best interest that the decision to let him go was made and that in itself shows that he cared about Rocky, so yeah say something.
It sounds like you had a busy couple weeks! I was so happy to be able to read all about it when I get home! :) Paris is probably the most amazing city that I have ever lived in, so I hope you get the opportunity to come here cause I know that you'll love it too!
Post a Comment