Friday, February 8, 2008

The Flu is not so nice

So I've been sick since my return from New Orleans for Mardi Gras. I don't think I've felt this bad since the end of 2003 when I was in the hospital from Pneumonia. I'm just now able to sit up and eat something (soup is just about it) and actually watch the TV without getting dizzy.

My roommate is moving out in a month (which is nice... but not really because now I have to find a replacement). He told me when he first moved in that he'd only be able to stay until February so I guess the extra month was helpful. He just left a note on the counter with his "i'm moving out in a month" notification - all while I'm sick with the flu. Something I really didn't want to deal with.

People move so slowly when you're sick, too. I had to drag my sick ass to the doctor's office Wednesday morning (nice fever and all) to find out what was wrong with me. Usually, you go in, they call your name once to get your copay and insurance and then call you back and escort you directly to a room. Not this time, my friend. I don't think I've ever looked more sickly walking into that place... and they called me up to the counter at least 4 times (2 of which they mistakenly called my name)... called me back to another holding room... made me go to the "vital signs" section (you know, where they take your weight, blood pressure, etc)... and then back to the holding room... and finally into the room to wait for the doctor.

I am EXTREMELY proud of myself for not cursing at anyone during the entire process.

Speaking of the whole vital signs room.... I'm now down to 154. ;) That's a total of 5 lbs gone... and 14 more to go to get to my 140 lb goal.

J'apprends à parler français.
I am learning to speak French!

[oh... and to update... My little sister won the pageant last weekend :) I'm a VERY proud big sister!!!]

No comments: