Sunday, February 17, 2008

Slouching Inspiration

For all of my life, I've been quite tall. I stand 5'7" - 5'8" (without heels)... and normally wear 3 inch heels... so I'm a little taller than most girls. Sometimes I find myself hunching over - but I usually recognize it and straighten back up.

Friday, I had a meeting with a Marketing group I belong to. One of the girls there is about as tall as I am and is even the same build as I am - maybe slightly larger. For the entire meeting I was distracted by her posture.

She sat hunched over and there wasn't even a computer or papers in front of her that she was trying to see. I was somewhat baffled by it because I consider her a very professional person but she looked so unprofessional.

I suppose that's just inspiration for me to have great posture all of the time and to not slouch in my chair (especially during meetings) if I want to look professional.

No comments: