Friday, February 1, 2008

Surprise letter from the past.

I checked the mail as I was coming home the other night and found a hand written address on one of the letters. Usually, everything is pre-printed with my address and the contents of my mailbox literally consist of magazines, bills, junk, and the occasional card from someone far away.

I had a best friend in High School named Julie. She and I went our separate ways when she got married just out of 11th grade and had a baby shortly after. We'd kept in touch for a while, but over the past year or two haven't really communicated much. There's no real reason - she's just busy with life and her two young sons... and me, I'm busy with work and the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

As you guessed it, the letter was from her. It was a nice little update on things going on in her world. Quite refreshing, actually, since I have felt overwhelmed with all of my friends leaving me in the past few months.

Just tonight I had the chance to write her back and tell her the things going on in my world. One of those things deserves a post of its own, so I'll save it for then (which will probably be immediately following this one - I'm a now or never kind of person when it comes to getting stuff done).

I'm glad she wrote to me... it was great hearing from her!

Oh... and you can credit her with the nickname Chicksta. She gave it to me when we first became friends in 8th grade. :)

French phrase of the day:

Life is great!
la vie est grande

No comments: