New Orleans was alright this time around. I've been there before (for Carrie's wedding last year) but this time it was for Mardi Gras. While I was there for the wedding, I had the absolute worst experience in the airport I think I've ever had. But that's besides the point.
Because of my new-found vegetarianism, I am somewhat limited to what/where I can eat. Most of the places to eat during Mardi Gras are hot dog stands on the side of the street that carry nachos and cheese along with some gumbo or something like that. None of which I could eat.
The parades were awesome, especially the Endymion ball that Carrie's dad was a part of. We got some awesome beads. (including boobs that squeaked!) But I don't think I could live there. Ever. The weather was great - the people were just alright (I understand that most of the people there were tourists) but they shut down every street so you can't move about the city.
Eh. C'est la vie. It was a good Mardi Gras, that's all that mattered!!
Weather: 8
Sites/Stuff to do: 7
People: 4
Location: 5
Food: 2
Overall: 6
No comments:
Post a Comment