It feels somewhat good to get back on here and talk about the things that are going on. It's overwhelming to have everything uprooted for a few months (chaos everywhere) and then plop yourself back down into a normal reality again. Eh, whatever.
I started school this week. Poor me, I know! Four classes this semester... 3 hours each class, twice a week... you do the math... 6 hours a day for 4 days of the week. It's not so bad. I get to do the following every day:
- wake up at 8:30 am
- walk to the transit train (it's only about a 10 min walk) 1/2 mile [this is the part where I get honked at most often]
- ride the transit train for 8 stops (about 25 minutes)
- walk another 1/2 mile to class
- scarf some food down in the 7 minutes between my two 3-hour classes of the day
- learn something (wooh!)
- walk 1/2 mile back to the transit train
- ride my 8 stops
- and walk home again - another 1/2 mile.
As you could imagine, I'm beat. Between the listening and the carrying a huge back pack around and all the walking (especially in the heat)... I'm over it :) But I'll continue to do it - because that's what I've gotta do. I could drive the 1/2 mile to the transit train but then my precious car would sit in the hot sun all day instead of in my carport. Hrm...
About these "job offers".... I knew I remained anonymous on this blog for a reason! You never know who your clients are and what they're going to be capable of. Now, there's no worry that they might stumble onto this blog and know it's me :)
I was offered a position from a client of my old company's to get their promotional products up and running. Apparently, what the guy chose before wasn't what the CEO had in mind and they'd seen my work at my company and thought I'd be perfect for the job. So I'm running this small project for them at a pretty steep contractor-esque price. Oh yes... it's gonna be good.
The other position is with a sister-company to the one I used to work for. It's about getting their offices up and running across the US. Since I already know everyone in my old company's offices across the US and this is where they want to open THEIR offices... this should be a breeze. Again, another part-time project manager position but I'm certainly up for the challenge.
Tonight, I've got a bunch of homework, some errands to run, some moving to finish up, and some work to do from client number 1. :)
A nice little update on Michael and I:
Things were rocky for a minute... well, for over a month they've been pretty crazy. Things are slightly settling down and getting back to some sort of normal state of affairs. (You can't have the PERFECT boyfriend 24/7!!) Last night, he came and hooked up my washer and dryer (and went to great lengths to do so) and followed that up with saying "I want to get a place with you someday..." :) Of course it didn't end there. His comments throughout the night meant that in his head - he was looking down the road for us. I asked him what he was thinking about that made him start talking about these things and his reply was "less than 3" (which is a heart, <3, an inside thing for us which means love...) and that meant so much to me (given our 'space' thing that's been going on).
So last night I stayed at his house (which wasn't planned, by the way) and this morning as we parted ways, those three words left his mouth as I was walking across the parking lot from his car to mine. It caught me off guard because it has certainly been a while since those words have landed on my ears from him. Sure, his actions show it more than any words could ever describe, but it's still nice to hear sometimes.
So that's that. I don't know what that means, but I do know that I'm really happy right now. About a lot of things. :) I do have a lot to catch you guys up on... crazy crazy roommate story (you'll die when you hear about what happened to me!) and stuff like that. So stay tuned!!
2 comments:
HONK HONK. what are you up to now like 15/15? :) hehehehe.
Aww I am so happy that things are going well for you again! You're a champion in my mind for lugging those books etc! Good luck!
Post a Comment