Thursday, June 26, 2008

Definitely, Maybe

I watched it. It wasn't at all what I thought it would be. Not one bit. As I sat down with my dinner I thought, "sweet! Romantic comedy here I come!" Boy, was I wrong.

This movie made me re-evaluate my life. Hah. Yep. You read that right. It was sweet, it was charming, I can't believe dude (I don't remember actor's and actresses names just can recall their faces) actually played a serious role for once in his life. He's damn good at it.

Quick little overview:
Guy has a daughter and she wants him to tell her (in the midst of his divorce from her mom) HOW they fell in love... not just that they did and they lived happily ever after... but the whole story (previous girlfriends and all). So that's the story. He talks about the women who were previously in his life and his whole story of girls he dated, but makes it a mystery so his daughter can guess.

That's all I'm going to give you so it doesn't spoil it for you.

Anywho... this got me to thinking about MY exes and what impact they've made in my life. How they've continued to jump in and out of my life at any given moment (I should write a book). Yes, I've come back to guys and had relationships with them even after a break-up the first time. Crazy, I know.

So I logged on to my private journal (yep, I've got one of those, and believe me, it's been a savior at times) and wrote my relationship story... the history... did I love him, did I not... the key things I remembered about that relationship, etc. And I came to find that I don't really remember much about anything - because that's how I get over someone. I try to forget the good times and just remember why we broke up so I can amicably move on. Is that wrong?

I did have a boyfriend at one time who burned all of the things that he possessed that reminded him of me and tried to do the whole "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" thing and erase my memory. THAT was weird. But I've never really "erased" any of them... just gotten over any sort of attraction that was there.

Yeesh. That was a ridiculously deep moment. Probably not a good thing considering what time of the month it is. Ugh.

1 comment:

Odette said...

I haven't seen that movie yet since it JUST came out in theaters in France!

I plan to now though.... Thanks!