Friday, January 8, 2010

Marketing Coordinator

Yep. That's what my new title will be once I start at the job I was offered today. This is the oil and gas company that I interviewed with before I left for Atlanta for Christmas.

He called and offered me the part time position (20 hours a week) that is supposed to turn into a full time one. They hadn't had anything figured out about how much it would pay, what the role would be, etc. In fact, they didn't even interview anyone else. I met the guy, he thought I would be a great asset to his team, and he wanted to hire me. (it just took frickin forever!)

This part time position is going to pay a pretty penny. If it were full time, it would be exactly what I was hoping to make starting out. Unfortunately, there are no benefits yet, but I know those will come.

I'm super excited now because the whole part time thing will give me the ability to work on other Marketing projects and work at a pub making a lot of extra money on the weekends. Maybe I'll find somewhere to volunteer at - marketing related or not.

Celebration is called for. Can't wait!!

Go me!!

No comments: