Well, I haven't heard anything back from the company I'm "supposed" to start at on Monday. My thoughts... I probably won't start ON Monday. I'll probably work my 20 hours for the week maybe Wednesday thru Friday or something - cause of the delay in getting all of my stuff through HR. Bummer, cause I was hoping for a fresh Monday morning. I have my outfits for the week picked out and everything!
I went for that interview at the pub yesterday and met with the Training manager from Corporate. She said that the GM was sick and not able to make the interview but "loved" my personality and thought I would be a great fit at the pub. (Me too, duh!) So she re-scheduled my interview with the GM until today at 3pm. I went in to meet the guy (SUPER hungover from last night's shenanigans nonetheless) and the guy was 20 minutes late. Decided to make a 3pm run to the bank. Who does that?
Anyway, I wait for 20 minutes for him to come back and make me wait another 10 minutes for him to get ready for me. Our conversation was approximately 6 minutes long. He did the same thing the other people I talked to did and basically confirmed everything I'd written on the application when I filled it out. He wasn't thrilled about my "nights and weekends only" availability - so that might cost me the "you're hired". I am not a full time restaurant-er anymore, so sorry...
He said he'd call by the end of the week but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
I still have the meeting scheduled with the marketing consulting company on Monday about project work (which will hopefully start next week). It'll give me something fun to do and be a part of. Also, I met with a guy about a company he wants to start and he needs marketing help. I'm not sure I fully believe in what he wants to do - or, let's say, I'm not SUPER passionate about it, but I might be willing to help.
Other than that, I watched the top 10 bridges in the world and stared in awe at the Sydney bridge. OMG that thing is beautiful! I think I want to take a trip to Australia... definitely want to climb the bridge!! Putting that on the list of to-do's one day.
Ok - so random. But that's how life goes! Hopefully I'll get started working soon enough and everything will be a-okay. Or at least somewhat okay! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment